Memory CareRSP Senior Living Communities
Memory Care Services for Seniors
Memory care services can make a huge difference to anyone struggling with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive impairments. Our licensed professional staff provides compassionate guidance in safe surroundings, thereby enhancing the patient’s self-esteem and fostering a sense of community in people suffering from all different types of memory problems.
When you learn that someone you love is diagnosed with a form of dementia, it can be hard to know what to do next. RSP Senior Living is here to help you through this difficult process. When you choose one of our communities for your senior loved one, you are choosing the very best specially-designed living space that is aimed at keeping them safe while also enabling them to enjoy the best quality of life possible.
Memory Care For Seniors
Memory care units (also referred to as special care or Alzheimer’s care units) at RSP Senior Living are supervised 24 hours a day by professionals who receive ongoing training for supporting and communicating with dementia residents. Within our communities, we organize activities such as music, crafts, and games, all of which are intended to stimulate memory and possibly slow the disease’s progression.
Moreover, memory care is rooted in getting to know each resident in order to create a long-term care plan that meets their needs. At RSP Senior Living, this process begins before the senior even moves in.
Our residents benefit from the following:
- Dining programs – Seniors with dementia may struggle to eat independently, which can lead to poor nutrition and weight loss. Loss of hand-eye coordination can make eating with kitchen utensils challenging, in addition to the noisy or busy environment being overwhelming to the resident. Dining programs for each individual can work around these challenges to encourage good nutrition and support mealtime success.
- Social activities – Life enrichment activities are designed to allow those with memory problems feel normal, productive, and successful. We will put together a calendar of daily events, which may include tasks meant to soothe agitation, music therapy to help residents experience joy, and any physical activity that promotes better health and sleep quality.
- Family visits – We encourage families to visit their loved ones in order to help them connect with memories. At Riley Spence, we also want to help families cope with the emotionally challenging issue of dementia. We are happy to be a resource for support during this difficult time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Memory Care
Is memory care the same as assisted living?
Although some of our assisted living communities have memory care units, these two types of services are not the same. Memory care is a highly-involved, distinct form of long-term skilled nursing for patients that require special care due to dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other memory problems.
Is memory care covered by Medicare?
Generally, Medicare covers inpatient healthcare, some of the doctors’ fees, and other medical items for people with dementia who are age 65 or older. In most cases, however, custodial long-term nursing home care is not covered.
At RSP Senior Living, our communities are Medicare/Medicaid certified. We accept the following insurances:
- Group Health Plan (GHP)
- UHC (Medicare Complete)
How do I know if my loved one needs memory care?
If your loved one has not already been diagnosed with a form of dementia, there are certain signs to look for to see if it may be the right time for Memory Care. These include…
- Weariness around loved ones
- Mounting health needs
- Susceptibility to scams
- Decline in hygiene
- Challenges in performing daily tasks
- Concerns for their general safety
Contact us to schedule a tour of a memory care facility in Missouri today.
The RSP Senior Living family of senior service providers is proud to offer memory care options at their senior living communities. We invite you to have a look by scheduling a tour of any of our locations.
For more information or to schedule a private tour, contact us here or call at (636) 296-1400.
RSP Senior Living family of senior service providers will provide admissions and services without discrimination on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, and disability.
What our residents & their families are saying...
"This place Rocks, the care is Outstanding, they really care did wonders for my Mother in law she went in not functioning confined to a bed and walked out on her on steam. Would highly recommend this facility!!!!"
- Terry Schniedermeyer
"… As far as I'm concerned I'm happy to have chosen Marymount Manor. Plus side...the deer on the property is a beautiful site to see. I just love this place and so does she. The staff is just so loving and caring it's just a heavy load taken off my shoulders how much care she gets. Thank you Marymount Manor and the wonderful staff you employ!"
- Stella Wolf
"The staff was extremely caring for four years for my mother. I highly recommend Silverstone for skilled nursing care."
- Vernon Lowrey
"It's a very beautiful place. They take amazing care of their residents. I couldn't have picked a better place."
- Jojo Griggs
Choose confidently and live happily!
We invite you or your loved one to visit us, take a tour, and ask as many questions as you would like. The more you know, the more confident you’ll be about your decision.
RSP Senior Living family of senior service providers has been making a difference in the lives of aging individuals in Missouri for over 30 years. As a local, family-owned business, we treat your family like our own! This means we are able to give each and every resident the undivided attention they deserve.